- Details Itinerary
- Day 01:Kathmandu- Arrival.
- Day 02: city tour in kathamandu and permit prepreping day
- Kathmandu to Nepalgunj afternoon/ flight 55 min. - stay in hotel
- Day 03:Nepalgunj to Juphal (2475m)/ early morning flight 35 min. then trek to Dunai (2140m)
- Day 04:Dunai to Chhepka (2838m)
- Day 05:Chhepka to Chunuwar (Jharana hotel)/ (3110m)
- Day 06:Chunuwar to Phoksundo (3600m)
- Day 07:Phoksundo – explore lake, gompas and village (Bon)-camping
- Day 08:Phosundo lake (3660m) to Pungmo (3500m)
- Day 09:Pungmo to Kagmara high camp (4800m)
- Day 10:Kagmara high camp to Kagmara Phedi (2900m)
- Day 11:Kagmara Phedi to Toijum (2920m)
- Day 12:Toijum to Chaurikot (3060m)
- Day 13:Chaurikot (3060m) to Chotra
- Day 14:Chotra to Gothichaur (2650m)
- Day 15:Gothichaur to Jumla (2540m)
- Day 16:Jumla to Khali Gaon (3685m)/ 6 hours trek
- Day 17:Khali gaon to Bulbule (3182m)/ 6-7 hours trek
- Day 18:Bulbule to Jhyari trek passing Ghuchi Lagna Pass (3480m)
- Day 19:Jhyari to Rara (2980m)/ 4-5 hours
- Day 20:Explore Rara Lake
- Day 21:Rara to Talcha/ 4-5 hours trek
- Day 22:Talcha to Nepalgunj/ 45 minutes flight and Nepalgunj to Kathmandu/ 55 minutes flight
- Day 23 : one Extra day incase flight cancel
- Day 24: Final depatur to home
Day 01: Kathmandu- Arrival.
Our representative will be at the airport who will take to the hotel. You can have a rest or can wonder around the city Kathmandu. The hotel will be three star with good services.
Day 02: Full day kathaamndu city tour and permit preparation day
Day 03: Kathmandu to Nepalgunj afternoon/ flight 55 min. - stay in hotel
Since the Dolpo flight will only be in early morning you will have to stay a night at Nepalgunj in a hotel. Nepalgunj is the trading hob of mid western and far western region of Nepal. The hotel is 10 to 15 minutes drive from the airport. Our representative will pick you up from the hotel and takes to the airport at Kathmandu. Similarly there will be our representative at Nepalgunj airport, he will drops you in the hotel
Day 04: Nepalgunj to Juphal (2475m)/ early morning flight 35 min. then trek to Dunai (2140m)
Our representative will pick you up from the hotel for the airport in early morning to take the flight for Juphal. When you get into Dolpo airport Juphal the trek starts.
Today we will trek towards the district head quarter Dunai. Right from the airport you will have a downhill trek through a village called Dangiwada. The village feeds most of the vegetable stuffs for neighbouring villages, Dunai and Juphal bazaar.
Getting down for nearly 45 minutes the route runs by the side of river Bheri from the place called Kalagauda. The route runs through some clusters of human settlements.
You will walk through the market place of Dunai. At Dunai, you can walk up to the Bon Stupa where there is only school of Bon and can have the view of whole town. There are other two visit able places one is Buddhist Central Monastery and the very first English medium school.
Day 05: Dunai to Chhepka (2838m)
The trek starts from Dunai for Chhepka. The walk begins by crossing the river and you will get into the Shey Phoksundo National Park right from Sulighat. There are offices of National park and an Army barrack.
The trail goes through the Sulighat river side, this route is also good for bird watching. The trail is easy and pleasant that goes through some cluster of settlements. There is one spot where a lodge in a cave, the place is called Sangta. After a walk of nearly 1 or 1 and half hour we will rich Chhepka for the night stop.
Day 06: Chhepka to Chunuwar (Jharana hotel)/ (3110m)
Today we trek towards Chunuwar. The trail leads you beside Phoksundo Khola- the trail of famous Lower Dolpa Circuit. The trek crosses the bridge over Phoksundo Khola twice.
As we approach closer to Kharka trekking along the amazingly peaceful region the trail goes high above Phoksundo Khola to Rechi 3011m, where we stop for the lunch.
Beyond Rechi we again hike along the river side trail to Sulligad Dovan where we cross the bridge over the confluence of Phoksundo Khola and Yulung Khola and arrive to Chunuwar.
There is a Amchi hospital traditional doctors who heal infections and diseases using the herbal medicine found in Dolpo. Amchi Hospital is the treatment center of the locals of Dolpo, where expert Amchis treat the patients. We will settle down for the night nearby.
Day 07: Chunuwar to Phoksundo (3600m)
From Chunuwar the trail leads us towards Phoksundo Lake. The trail goes uphill on ridge nearing the top of the ridge you will have a nice view of Phoksundo water fall. From the top of the ridge the trail slightly descends and takes to the enchanting blue coloured lake Phoksundo.
Day 08: Phoksundo – explore lake, gompas and village (Bon)-camping
Today we explore the area around Ringmo Village and the magnificent Phoksundo Lake. First, we explore around Ringmo Village and some Bon gumpas. Exploring this culturally rich Bon Monastery is fascinating experience.
The lake is famous for its magnificent turquoise colour and spectacular scenery. Ringmo village, a typical Tibetan village, is scenic view from Phoksundo Lake.
There are several monasteries (Gompas) and Bon-po religious sites at the park and we spend our time visiting some of these. We also explore the wonderful natural sites and enjoy our nature tour
Day 09: Phosundo lake (3660m) to Pungmo (3500m)
Today we will follow the same route and come back to Sumduwa and go to Pungmo. This village is totally Bon village you can have some interactions with the people here.
Day 10: Pungmo to Kagmara high camp (4800m)
From Pungmo the trail goes towards Lasha with slight ups and down through woods. Finally, we reach the spot for the night Kagmara High Camp.
Day 11: Kagmara high camp to Kagmara Phedi (2900m)
Today the trail will be ascending up to the pass Kagmara La(5115m) then downhill to kagmara phedi for the night camp.
Day 12: Kagmara Phedi to Toijum (2920m)
From Kagmara phedi we proceed towards Toijm.
Day 13: Toijum to Chaurikot (3060m)
From Toisum the slighting tril we come to Hurikot and then to Kaingaon. There is a Bon monastery in Hurikot and Kaingaon is a beautiful village where you can have view of dense forest of pine beside the village. Then we go ahead towards Chaurikot, the trail goes uphill through the village called Thapa gaon
Day 14: Chaurikot (3060m) to Chotra
The trail from Chaurikot ascends towards the pass MaureLagna pass 3894m and then the trail goes descending to Chotra for the night stop. The trail goes mostly through the forest with mixed species of plants. One can have nice scenic views around from the trail
Day 15: Chotra to Gothichaur (2650m)
The way from Chotra to Gothichaur goes through several villages. One can experience the different culture mostly of the Khas people around. There are small woods along the road. 3 hours trek to Manigaon 2820m stops for lunch and 3 hours trek to Gothichaur for the night stay
Day 16: Gothichaur to Jumla (2540m)
The trek begins from Gothichaur to Jumla. There are several villages and the motor able road is under construction.
Day 17: Jumla to Khali Gaon (3685m)/ 6 hours trek
Now you will start your trekking from Jumla taking the trail through some villages. The trail goes somehow straight and it will be easy walking experiencing the social life style of the region. Nearly after the walk of 3 hours the trail slightly ascends.
After the walk of nearly 4 hours passing a small passes Danphe Nangla (3691 mtrs) you will reach the village Khaligaon. This is the village where the only technical school of the western region “Karnali Technical School” is producing technical man power in regular basis. The village is interesting to observe the activities carried out there. There are some hotels and tea houses to refresh.
Day 18: Khali gaon to Bulbule (3182m)/ 6-7 hours trek
The trail ascends through jungle of pine and rhododendron trees and some villages are seen from the trail.
Day 18: Bulbule to Jhyari trek passing Ghuchi Lagna Pass (3480m)
Day 19: Jhyari to Rara (2980m)/ 4-5 hours
The trail reaches to Rara lake. The trail goes through beautiful field . This trail provides fantastic sightseeing of the place
Day 20: Explore Rara Lake
Rara is the biggest lake of Nepal that gives relief with its magnificent look. The lake is surrounded by forest and different kinds of flowers can be seen by the side. People can cycle around the lake. Boating facilities are also available. There is a hotel by the side but camping is also available.
From the lake the trail goes through jungle by the side of the lake through Army barrack and National Park office. After a walk of nearly one and half hour the trail ascends and then it goes downwards for nearly one or one and half hour to reach you to the airport.
Day 22: Talcha to Nepalgunj/ 45 minutes flight and Nepalgunj to Kathmandu/ 55 minutes flight
There will be our representative at the airport in Nepalgunj who helps you to get the flight to Kathmandu and similarly our representative will pick you up from the airport and drops in the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 23: one entra day incase flight cancel dew to bad weather
Day 24: Final depature to your home
- Arrival and Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Full board meals ( Breakfast - Lunch- Dinner ) during the dolpa trek
- Accommodation at local teahouse on twin share bed while on dolpa trek.
- Upper dolpa trekking special Permit
- Welcome dinner with cultur progam
- full day guided city tour with entrance fees as listed in itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and end points of the trek
- All domestic flights and airport tax as listed in the itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- Free use of quality trekking gear - sleeping bag, fleece liner, down jacket
- Trekking guides and other support staff.
- dolpa region trekking map.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Complementaty Mountain Hiking & Trekking T-shirts and trek duffle bag.
- dolpa conservation entry permit.
- Nepal entry Visa fees.
- International Airfare.
- Your travel insurance of any kind while on Mustang trip.
- Any kind of Cold Drinks.
- Lunch and Dinner in kathamandu and Pokhara
- Tips and Items of a personal nature like postage and laundry
- Extra day hotel
Travel Insurance is mandatory for all customers who looking to travel in Nepal with the Mountain Hiking & Trekking .The Travel Insurance must cover both the evacuation and medical cost
There are many insurance companies that offer travel insurance services over the internet. You can choose from a wide variety of insurance companies as per your convenience. Especially when it comes to trekking in Nepal, there is always a narrow chance of minor health issues, injuries and most importantly – altitude sickness.
It is essential that you prefer an insurance rule that covers the cost of the helicopter rescue from the mountains in case of main accidents and delicate mountain sickness (AMS). through such great cases of an emergency evacuation, a helicopter service is the only way out of the mountains. This includes a rescue team for both – ground evacuation and rescue. Which is why we need your travel insurances to cover the cost of helicopter services and evacuation from the Himalayas
It is forever recovered to be safe than apologetic.
Before you plan your trip with Mountain Hiking & Trekking do make sure that your travel insurance covers all the costs mentioned above from a reliable company.
Suggested Travel Insurance Companies: