The climb is combined with the classic trek around the Annapurna massif, ascending the marshvangdi valley and crossing the thorong la before descending the kali gandaki valley to pokhara the climb is technically straight forward and you should be familiar with the use of your equipment, crampons, harness, ice, tying knots and handling climbingropes.most of the climbing will be involved walking roped together, including the glacial crossings. You should every fit and have good experience of climbing
The north east ridge is consider the normal route to climb this peak from base camp on the moraine at 5334m.(17500fit) most climbers make it to the top and back form base camp in one long day although some have, in the past, established a higher camp somewhere below the peak. Another subsidiary peak called chulu far east (6059m.) 19880fit may also be attempted form this approach
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Cultural Tours and Preparation for the Expedition.
- Day 03: Drive to Besisahar and trek starts to Chulu peak climbing.
- Day 04-08: Trek to Manang.
- Day 09-21: Climb to Chulu West Base Camp and Climb practice
- Day 13: Climbing Chulu High camp
- Day 14-15: Summit the Chulu West (6250m).
- Day 16-18:Trek to Jomsom.
- Day 19: Fly to Pokhara after the Chulu west summit.
- Day 20-21: Drive to Kathmandu
- Day 22: Chulu west peak climbing trip ends / Departure.