Everest base camp trek
is one of the most desired treks in the world; it has been almost everybody’s dream to be to the base of the world’s giant mountain peak. After you choose the trekking agency, next comes the question: what to pack; we have some information on such which can prove the Everest base camp trek gear guide
to you. It is better to pack all your gears in a large plastic bag before stuffing it into the duffel. Throughout the trek, you shall have two bags, one, the daypack that contains your everyday requirement which will be carried by you, another, the duffel bag that contains everything else, which will be carried by your porter. Following is the Everest base camp trek gear list
- Comfortable and lightweight hiking boots: ensure that you are carrying two pairs of these boots, and you’ve tried them out.
- Hiking socks: considering the duration of the trek and the weather you are trekking, pack 2-3 pairs of quality socks.
- Long sleeved trekking shirts: it must protect you from the sun. ensure that these shirts are comfortable to wear and wash and are lightweight.
- Long sleeved cotton t-shirt: keep a single long sleeved cotton t-shirt for sound sleep at night. Also, this t-shirt can be worn as a base layer.
- Trekking pants: light weight zip off combat trekking pants are best for trekking. Carry two pants. Since they are waterproof and lightweight, you shall be comfortable wearing them.
- Innerwear: pack 4-5 pairs of innerwears. Bring polyester and cotton innerwear. Sometimes friction can baldy affect you.
- Hat: Hat is very much essential, either sun-blocking or ear covering hat. If it is winter, carry thick woolen hats. Otherwise, carry hats that can effectively block the sun.
- UV protected sunglasses: the UV content in the sun rays in the high altitude areas is high, which is why, carry a couple of sunglasses is must. Ensure that they are hard cased.
- Gloves: Winter hiking essentially demands gloves. An extra pair can be very much beneficial.
- First aid kit: pack some chapstick, duct tape, small bandages, antiseptic cream, paracetamol, bite and burn cream, plasters, etc.
- Treats: Sometimes in the high altitude areas, you might not feel like eating anything, every single swallow can be a great struggle. If you have some candies, toffies, chocolate bars, nuts, Pringle, and other treats, you might find fortunate for having them.
We’ve divided the best gear for Everest base camp trek
on several categories you might find easy to refer to.
Documents for travel
- Valid passport
- Passport size photographs
- Travel insurance documents
- Visa form for Nepal
- Airline tickets
- Xerox copies of passport
Equipment to carry
- Sleeping bag
- Duffel bag: lightweight
- Travel wallet
- Luggage tags and locks
- Pack cover
- Day pack (25-35 liters)
- Camp shoes
- Waterproof hiking boots
- Trekking poles
- LED headlamp with additional batteries
- Long-sleeved shirt, t-shirt, pants
- Casual shoes, sandals,
- Thick, or light (depending upon the weather) socks
- Quick dry briefs and boxers
- Light merino wool base layer
- Synthetic lightweight down insulation
- Shell layer of wind cheater
- Convertible hiking pants
- Fleece or wool gloves
- Rain jacket, rain pants
- Sun hat, woollen hat
- Liner socks
- Hand sanitizer
- Personal wipes
- Toilet paper
- Lip balm
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Skin lotion
- Prescription medications for altitude sickness, diarrhoea, etc.
- Non-prescription medications as pain reliever, antibiotic ointment, etc.
Mountain Hiking & Trekking Pvt. Ltd.
- Water bottles
- Camp towel
- Pocket knife
- Watch with alarm
- Eye shade, ear plugs
- Book/Kindle, pen
- NPR currencies in small denominations
- A simple cell phone with charging cables
- Cameras with extra batteries
- Energy bars
- Energy gels, etc.
is a leading trekking and travel agency in Nepal that has been persistently maintaining history of successful trekking in Nepal. We are a group of proactive, dedicated, organized, experienced, and knowledgeable individuals working to ensure that our valued customers get most out of the trek. For any trek or information about trekking, do not hesitate to contact us.