Mount Kailash Tour
- Details Itinerary
- Date & Price
- Check List
Apart from the religious value of this place, Mt. Kailash is also very famous for its natural beauty. It’s a challenging place to go so many adventure seekers might find this place great. This trek includes lots of driving and hiking. 14 days Pilgrimage Tour to Mt. Kailash & Lake Manasorovar will be a very memorable trip f cvor you if you are an adventure seeker and a fit person.
Day 01: Drive Kathmandu- Kyirung
We drive from Kathmandu to Nepal Tibet border along a scenic highway. After immigration formalities at the border, you meet our Tibetan guide & driver. After some briefing we drive to O/N at Guest House.
Day 02: Rest Day in Kyirung)
Acclimatize in Kerong before further driving. Free afternoon look around. O/n at Guest house.
Day 03: Drive Kyirung to Saga/4450m- 232 km
First day with a long drive on the desert terrain. Driving past nomad camps and sheep and yak herds. We can see Gaurishankar, Shishapangma and Langtang Himal from the pass. Continue drive through Khunmen Tso, Sinling, Karru Ongchen and Peiku tso Lake (4400m). We will be crossing river Brahmaputra ( “Yarling Tsangpo” in Tibetan ) to reach Saga (4600m). O/n in guest house.
Day 04: Saga to Paryang (4558m) to Mansarovar (4600m) 507 km 8-9 hrs
Watching the mountains in distance and driving through road we pass through the small town of Zhongba before reaching to Paryang.. Offering the first view of mt kailash and the holy lake only after several hours of drive. As you approach this serene and sacred lake, historic Chiu Monastery becomes visible on the North West shore of the lake. From this vantage point, you can have a glimpse of majestic Mount Kailash. Manasarovar , the highest fresh water lake with turquoise complexion - surrounded by mt Kailash, Mt. Gurula-Mandata and Lake Rakchyas is simply heavenly. O/n at tented camp or a guesthouse.
Day 05: Drive to Darchen (14975ft) 40km
After some peaceful hours at the shores of the sacred Lake Manasarovar with the snowy massif of Gurla Mandhata 7694m just across the lake, we drive 40 km to Darchen which serves as the base for Mt kailashkora ( circumambulation). The Kora is 53 km in total and completed in three days. O/n in a guesthouse.
Day 06: Trek to Dira-Puk/5000m
It is one of the exciting days walking along the beautiful rocky cliffs and waterfalls with some clouds in the clear blue sky. The 15 km trail takes almost 7 hrs. O/n intented camp/Guest house.
Day 07: Trek Dira Puk-Zuthul Puk, 18km, 6-7 hrs, 550m ascent, 600m descent.
Hardest but Holiest day of your pilgrimage trek , cross Dolma La pass at 5670 m. Once you reach the top, just do the holiest offering and sit down for meditation to forget you. By the late afternoon you will arrive at Zuthul Puk where the great ascetic Milerappa is supposed to have performed miracles. O/N at local guest house/Tented camp.
Day 08: End of Kailash Parikrama and drive to Saga
Complete the kora and drive to back to Saga. O/n in Guest house.
Day 09: Drive back to Kyirung (232km) 6-7 hr.
Day 10: Kyirung to Kathmandu 150 km
Driving further to Nepal Tibet border, complete the immigration formalities, get your Nepal visa. Say good bye to your Tibetan guide and driver. You will be received by our guide from Kathmandu and drive to Kathmandu. End of the services.
Note: Kathamandu Hotel in not including with this price ( if you want to add hotel USD 35 Per Double Room per night with Breakfast )
- Guest House or Tented Accommodation as per program
- Private Transportation by Van or Mini Coach as per group size.
- All necessary Tibet Travel and Trekking permit
- English speaking Tibetan Guide
- All Sightseeing and Entrance fee
- Yak and Yak man during Kailash Kora
- Supporting Truck (above 2 pax) if we camp
- Meal B/B plan
- Kathmandu to Border to Kathmandu Transportation
- Hotel in kathamandu before tour and after tour
- China tibet visa fee
- Lunch and Dinner
- Travel and personal Expenses
- Insurance of any kind.
- Hiring porter/ horse
- Portable oxygen cylinders in of emergency
- Rescue and Evacuation Service
- Any Additional cost due to Nature calamity and Unforeseen Circumstances and etc
- 1 warm down jacket
- 1 pair of wind proof jacket and trouser
- Warm sleeping bag
- Warm and head cover hat / cap
- 2 pairs warm inside thermal
- 2 pairs warm trouser/ paint
- Warm but light waited sweeter or jacket
- 2/3 pairs light t-shirt
- 1 pair of light walking shoes for morning and evening walking / while stay at lodge side
- Another pair of water proof warm trekking shoes
- ¾ pairs good and warm shocks
- Sun cream, sun glass
- Rain coat
- Trekking stick for 3 days Kailashparikrama (you can buy it in Darchen)
- Your regular using medicine
- Duffel bag to put your goods (This bag separately stay at bus and you will get it every evening)
- Small back carry bag (day bag)
- Sleeping bag
- Water flash to put warm water throughout the tour
- Sun cream, Vick
- Sun glass
- Camera to take picture for your trip memory.
Travel Insurance is mandatory for all customers who looking to travel in Nepal with the Mountain Hiking & Trekking .The Travel Insurance must cover both the evacuation and medical cost
There are many insurance companies that offer travel insurance services over the internet. You can choose from a wide variety of insurance companies as per your convenience. Especially when it comes to trekking in Nepal, there is always a narrow chance of minor health issues, injuries and most importantly – altitude sickness.
It is essential that you prefer an insurance rule that covers the cost of the helicopter rescue from the mountains in case of main accidents and delicate mountain sickness (AMS). through such great cases of an emergency evacuation, a helicopter service is the only way out of the mountains. This includes a rescue team for both – ground evacuation and rescue. Which is why we need your travel insurances to cover the cost of helicopter services and evacuation from the Himalayas
It is forever recovered to be safe than apologetic.
Before you plan your trip with Mountain Hiking & Trekking do make sure that your travel insurance covers all the costs mentioned above from a reliable company.
Suggested Travel Insurance Companies: