Annapurna Base Camp Trek
is one of the classic treks in Nepal that takes you through a dense forest full with rhododendrons, crossing several suspension bridges, and passing through various settlements. You shall get the best opportunity to experience rich cultures at the villages inhabited by Magar and Gurung communities. The trek is destined towards the bottom of the 10th highest mountain peak in the world—the Mt. Annapurna (8,091 m). You shall reach the base camp passing the Machhapuchhre Base Camp. Poon Hill offers the breathtaking views of the sunrise; as the rays of the sun flood over the mountains you shall experience the most phenomenal moment of your life. Soak your exhausted body at the natural hot spring in Jhinu Danda. The ethnic experience that you shall gather during this trek differs as per the topography; you shall find Brahmins and Chhetries at the lower region, whereas Mongolian communities in the high altitude areas. Despite some road constructions, this area serves you with the best cultural taste, spiritual touch, staggering mountains, and beautiful landscape.
You shall start trekking after you reach to Naya Pul from Pokhara, off to Tikhedunga. From Tikhedunga, you shall trek to Ghorepani. Early in the next morning, you shall hike up to the Poon Hill and trek to Tadapani. From there, you shall trek to Chommrong, which takes about 5 hours. From Chommrong, you shall trek to Himalayan Hotel before reaching Annapurna Base Camp. From the Annapurna Base Camp, you shall trek to Bamboo. Trekking through Jhinu Danda, you shall arrive at Nayapul. Catching a vehicle, you shall return to Pokhara the very same day. Next day you shall ride back to Kathmandu.
Kathmandu (1,345 m)- Pokhara (827 m)-Nayapul (1,010 m)-Tikhedunga (1,570 m)-Ghorepani (2,840 m)-Poon Hill (3,210 m)-Tadapani (2,610 m)-Chommrong (2,140 m)-Himalaya Hotel (2,950 m)-Annapurna Base Camp (4,130 m)- Bamboo (2,345 m)-Jhinu Danda (1,780 m)-Nayapul (1,010 m)-Pokhara (827 m)-Kathmandu (1,345 m)
You do not require any athletic body fitness to complete the trek to Annapurna. A moderate level of body fitness capable enough to endure the long duration of walking for some days in a row is sufficient to successfully complete this trek. Ensure that your ankles and knees, or any other part of your body do not have serve problems or any degree of problem that can hinder your trekking.
Best time to trek
September to October and March to May are considered the perfect seasons to do any trek in Nepal, including the Annapurna Base Camp Trek. The lower areas in the Annapurna region won’t be too hot during September through to October, and the higher altitude won’t be too cold, either. But it can be chilly and pretty cold in the morning and night. The weather at the lower altitude areas remain pretty hot, and the higher altitude areas shall have moderate weather. Since this is the pre-monsoon season, there might be some possibility of rainfall. You might find lots of trekkers throughout ABC trekking during the month of October. October is the busiest month of the year in any trekking package in Nepal. If you do not prefer travelling during the busiest season, other months from March to May, and September to October can be best for you. Similarly, if you want to trek during December and January, your trekking might suffer extra challenges, and might become miserable. However, proper preparation makes you get most out of this trek during the winter seasons.
Food and accommodation
Several teahouses and hotels in the Annapurna region offer you with local typical dishes, some common varieties, and very limited items for any international tastes. At breakfast, you can enjoy pancake, oats, toast, eggs etc. with coffee or tea. Do inform if you want the omelet cocked only on one side. Most of the times, you shall start your trek after having your breakfast. You shall be served with Dal Bhat, macaroni, noodles, spaghetti, etc. for lunch. Dal Bhat is the most popular food item that you shall get to see on every menu. If you want to know how expensive a hotel is, the best way is to compare the prices of Dal Bhat. It is served with rice, lentils, different varieties of vegetables including green vegetables, meat (as per your demand), salad, locally made pickles, and Papad. You can add as much as you want until you get filled, and you shall not be charged additionally. Once you eat Dal Bhat, you shall not need to have anything more for lunch. Your trekking agency shall arrange your food and accommodation. Similarly, there are plenty of teahouses, hotels, and lodges to stay at, during your trek. You shall not have any difficulty to get room to stay overnight. The agency shall also arrange your rooms; it reserves the responsibility to pre-book any room.
Why Mountain Hiking & Trekking Pvt. Ltd.?
We—the Mountain Hiking & Trekking Pvt. Ltd. is a pioneer trekking agency in Nepal that has been taking trekkers from around the world to their trekking destinations in Nepal. We have been taking these trekkers successfully to their destinations, and are widely trusted by the trekkers since years. We are a group of dynamic, committed, dedicated, experienced, proactive, and knowledgeable professionals aiming to enrich the trekking experience of the trekkers and help them make most out of their treks. We are coordinated with the best, licensed, and registered English speaking local guides and porter. Furthermore, we can tailor the trek as per your preference, time availability and needs.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01 - Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m)
Our airport representative will welcome you at the airport and transfer to your hotel on a private tourist vehicle. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 02 - Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley 4 place
Day 03 - Drive to Pokhara (90 m) by tourist bus - 7 hrs
Day 04 - Drive to Nayapul (1,010m) - 1 hr. Trek to Tikhedunga (1,570m) - 3 hrs
Day 05 - Trek to Ghorepani (2,840m) - 5 hrs (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
Day 06 - Hike up to Poon Hill (3,210m); and trek to Tadapani (2,610m). (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
Day 07 - Trek to Chommrong (2,140m) - 5 hrs.(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
Day 08 - Trek to Himalayan Hotel (2,950m) -6 hrs(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
Day 09 - Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m) - 7 hrs.(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
Day 10 - Trek back to Bamboo (2345m) - 6 hrs.(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
Day 11 - Trek to Jhinu hot spring (1,780m) - 5 hrs.(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
Day 12 - Trek to Nayapul (1,010 m) - 4.5 hrs. Drive to Pokhara - 1 hr. Same day guided tour of Barahi Temple and Boating in Fewa Lake.(Breakfast and Lunch Included)
Day 13 - Drive back to Kathmandu (1,345m) and farewell dinner
(Breakfast and farewell dinner Included)
Day 14 - Transfer to international airport for your final departure
Special Package Cost (In US$ Per Person Basis)
Price includes following services:
- 1-10 Person US$ 850 per person
- 11-15 person US$ 730 per person
Price excludes following services:
- KTM International Airport Arrival & Departure Transfer by Private Comfortable Car/Hiace
- Total 3 Nights 3-star Accommodations on B/B Plan Twin Sharing hotel in Kathmandu
- Total 2 Nights DELUXE Accommodations on B/B Plan Twin Sharing in hotel in Pokhara
- Round Trip ( KATHMANDU-POKHARA- KATHAMANDU ) by Flight
- Round Trip Land Transportation( Hotel- Domestic Airport- Hotel) by private Comfortable Car/Hiace in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- 1 English Speaking experienced Sherpa Govt. Trained/Licensed Holder Guide for whole Trekking
- Porter (1 porter Between 2 Person basis, Max 30 KGS per Porter) for Whole Trekking
- Annapurna Trekking Permit, TIMS card & Any required permits or Official Documentation
- Full Board basis Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner- Self Lodges Menu Choice) as per above Itinerary
- Selected Tea house Lodge/Guest house Accommodations in Twin Sharing during Trekking( Shared Toilets/ bathroom)
- Insurance, Daily Wages, Equipment and all meals & Lodges for Porters and Guide in Whole Trekking
- Round Trip (Kathmandu- Pokhara By Tourist Bus for Guide
- Land Transportation( Pokhara- Phedi Before trekking) & (Nayapul- Pokhara After Trekking)
- First Aid Kid Box( for Normal Treatment only)
- Government taxes & Other Applicable Fees
- Complimentary from Company (to our Valued Guests)
- Trip Certificate( for memory of Nepal trip)
- Porter Carrying kid Bag- Trekking bag for Porter
- sleeping bag, down jacket, walking stick, water bottle
- Fear well Dinner at last day or first day
- International Airfare to and from your country
- Nepal Visa fee: Nepal entry visa (US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for 30 days. you will also require 2 passport size photos.)
- Travel & Health Insurance- Emergency Helicopter Rescue Insurance (Most recommended)
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara - keep $ 7 to 10 for per meal in Tourist Restaurant
- Any Alcoholic Drinks, Cold Drinks, Boiled & Mineral Water, Beverages, desserts Etc in Trek
- Tips for Guide & Porter( expected)
- Lunch and dinner and hotel in Kathmandu (also in the case of early returns and late departures than scheduled
- Hot Shower, Battery Charges( Available in Trekking with Extra cost or Free in some lodges)
- Unforeseen Cost such as Flight Cancellation or Delayed, Sick in Trekking, and Helicopter rescue in Trekking. Cost due to bad weather etc which is out of our control
- Any Other Cost, which is not mentioned in Cost Includes Items as AboveNote of above Itinerary:
- Above itinerary can be designed along with your preferences.
- Please let us know whether you would like to make a shorter or longer. And if you would like to stay more than 15 days, you can do a city guided tour in Kathmandu, white water rafting, jungle safari or Everest mountain flight, we are happy to follow your suggestion accordingly.